Új hozzászólás Aktív témák

• assemble

addikt

válasz Ati1979 #35252 üzenetére

Hm, majd nezelodok apron, hatha talalok valamit :) Az uj arukat tenyleg nem nagyon akarnam kiadni ertuk.

Igen, tudom hogy azokat mar joval nehezebb meghajtani, valahol ott kezdodnek (es vegzodnek) az igazi audiofil fuleseik. Balanced modban egy hd600/650 meghajtasaval tuti, hogy nem lenne gond erosito nelkul sem. A legtobben ilyet hasznalnak hozza, es nehanyan meg balanced nelkul is azt mondjak hogy siman jo, balanced-al pedig 4-szer annyi szufla jon ki belole :)

Errol a hivatalos oldalon bovebben irtak nemreg:

MORE ON BALANCED MODE OUTPUT

In dialogue with Charlie Hansen at Ayre, he asked us to post this on the forum. Think here is probably the best place for it. Should perhaps accompany Tech Sheets 1, 2 and 3.

My own tests with HD600s using standard cables, standard modified to balanced mode, custom Litz cables (non balanced) and custom Litz cables (balanced) confirm Charlie's perspective. He knows a whole load more than me - he did design the audio sections of the player - just that my ears tell me the same thing. Balanced mode is a big change, in many ways more significant than the fancy cables on their own.

best

i

This is form Charlie....

Just replacing the cables can make a surprising difference. But with the PonoPlayer, the HUGE improvement is when you go to a balanced set of cables. There is a Tech Sheet on the reasons for this on the Pono forum, but it doesn't talk about another big advantage — POWER!

Like most portable audio players, the PonoPlayer is limited due to the power available from a single lithium battery, which supplies 3.7 volts. When all is said and done, the maximum output level is 1 volt RMS from the standard single-ended output. This is plenty to drive the low-impedance earbuds that have been developed specifically for this application.

But many audiophiles prefer to use higher performance earphones that require more driving power. The PonoPlayer can deliver that extra driving power in balanced mode. The DAC chip is specially designed to deliver balanced signals, with one positive phase and one negative phase on each channel.

The audio circuitry is also designed for fully balanced operation, so when used with balanced headphone cables will give the highest possible performance level. The Tech Sheet explains the performance advantage of balanced operation. But here I will explain the extra POWER!

Since one phase is going positive while the other phase goes negative, the voltage swing to the headphone drivers is doubled. The maximum voltage is now 2 volts RMS instead of 1 volt RMS that is normally available from portable audio music players.

And since the power is related to the voltage SQUARED, doubling the output voltage gives FOUR times the output power! For example if you were using 32 ohm earbuds, then then running them single-ended, the maximum power the PonoPlayer (or any other typical portable audio player) would deliver would be 31 mW.

But running them in balanced mode would quadruple the power to 125 mW! Plus all of the odd harmonic distortion would be canceled, improving the sound quality even more, plus all of the benefits of the equal draw on the power supply explained in the Tech Sheet — it all adds up to a significant improvement in sound quality simply by replacing the headphone cables!

Charles Hansen
    Ayre Acoustics, Inc.

[ Szerkesztve ]

Új hozzászólás Aktív témák