Új hozzászólás Aktív témák

• S_x96x_S

őstag

jön a kibelezett ( ~ leegyszerűsített ) X86 ISA :Y

X86-S ISA External Architectural Specification
    Envisioning a Simplified Intel Architecture
    https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/technical/envisioning-future-simplified-architecture.html

"This whitepaper details the architectural enhancements and modifications that Intel is currently investigating for a 64-bit mode-only architecture referred to as x86S (for simplification). Intel is publishing this paper to solicit feedback from the ecosystem while exploring the benefits of extending the ISA transition to a 64-bit mode-only solution. "

"""
    What Would Be the Benefits of a 64-bit Mode-Only Architecture?
    A 64-bit mode-only architecture removes some older appendages of the architecture, reducing the overall complexity of the software and hardware architecture. By exploring a 64-bit mode-only architecture, other changes that are aligned with modern software deployment could be made. These changes include:

- Using the simplified segmentation model of 64-bit for segmentation support for 32-bit applications, matching what modern operating systems already use.
    - Removing ring 1 and 2 (which are unused by modern software) and obsolete segmentation features like gates.
    - Removing 16-bit addressing support.
    - Eliminating support for ring 3 I/O port accesses.
    - Eliminating string port I/O, which supported an obsolete CPU-driven I/O model.
    - Limiting local interrupt controller (APIC) use to X2APIC and remove legacy 8259 support.
    """

Mottó: "A verseny jó!"

Új hozzászólás Aktív témák