Új hozzászólás Aktív témák

• Dißnäëß

veterán

Emlékeztek még a több USB DAC + clock-sync témára ? Hogy egy marék Okto DAC8-at befogva lehetne szoftveresen váltani egy full házimozit, úgy, hogy van vagy huszon-harminc-x csatornánk és az egyes hangszórókat is digitálisan váltjuk (így jön ki a rengeteg csatorna, amik inkább frekisáv-csatornák, nem 1:1 mozicsatornák).

Na, írtam is az Okto-nak, most válaszolt az alapító és hw fejlesztô mérnökük, elnézést kérve a késôi válaszért. Wow. Még az AKM használatát is érintette.

Idézem:

"As far as I know, the only way of decoding TrueHD Dolby Atmos to separate digital audio channels in real time that can be interfaced to a DAC is using Trinnov processors. It is possible to connect multiple dac8 PROs to Trinnov Altitude 16/32 over AES/EBU and we have several customers who use this setup. AES/EBU interface is synchronous, it carries clock together with signal using so called biphase mark encoding so any separate clock arrangements are not needed. If you know a player able to decode a TrueHD Atmos in real-time on a computer and play it together with video, please let me know.
    I am aware of the workaround with ripping BluRay (as described here https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/immersive/how-to-decode-and-play-dolby-truehd-atmos-on-windows-and-macos-r1092/), which is only usable for music content. I believe what you have in mind is that we should synchronise clocks of multiple devices to allow simultaneous operation over USB, however ASIO USB drivers don't work with more than one device at a time. Under some circumstances, it is possible to create an "aggregate device" for example with ASIO4ALL, but I don't think this would even work for multiple devices with the same USB VID and PID and even if it did, it is unreliable and has many drawbacks. We want to create a way of using multiple units at once, but with only one USB connection.
    Regarding the DAC chips, I am not a fan of AKM chips, partially because some of the specifications of their chips are "overly optimistic" and some of their marketing is misleading, but also due to how they handled their factory fire (no communication from their side and chips being unavailable for a very long time).
    I'm not sure how our customers would benefit from us using a DAC chip that performs worse in the audible spectrum of frequencies while being able to process some extra inaudible frequencies."

POKE 16017,44 ..... SYS 2077

Új hozzászólás Aktív témák