Új hozzászólás Aktív témák

• Abu85

HÁZIGAZDA

[link] - Az Nv-s telefonkonferencián elhangzottak.

Érdekes Question-and-Answer részek:
    Joanne Feeney - FTN Capital:
    I wanted to try to get into the issue we’ve been hearing about in the market. It’s been noted that your higher end discrete graphics processor, the 270, 285, 290, that line, has been in short supply and we are wondering if you have made a strategic decision to de-emphasize that segment of the market or if you are supply constrained even at 55-nanometer, or if you have just seen demand tail off and that is why we have seen supply slow to a trickle here?

Jen-Hsun Huang:
    Well, the demand for GTX275 and 285 and 295 is really high. We have nothing left. We’ve just got nothing left. - ennyit arról, hagy nemrég az NV hivatalosan erősítette meg nekünk, hogy Charlie baromságokat beszél, és semmilyen gyártásleállás nincs. Legalább ne kamuznának. :( Vagy ha igen, akkor kamuzzanak most is valamit. Sivatagi banditák megtámadták a konvojt ... annyi hihető indok van.
    ---
    David Wu - Global Crown Capital:
    ... Okay, that’s good. Jen-Hsun, you showed -- I was at the show when FIRMY was previewed and you showed very good numbers on the computing side. Relative to your competition that is shipping products, you didn’t talk anything about the graphics side -- should I assume that the graphics performance is equally superior to the competition that is shipping right now?
    Jen-Hsun Huang:
    We didn’t announce anything on graphics because it wasn’t graphics day. When we announce GeForce and Quadro, we are going to talk about the revolutionary graphics ideas that are designed into FIRMY and so we are looking forward to do that in the near future. And so please be patient with us -- the market is anxiously waiting and we have enthusiasts all over the world that are waiting for us to ship it. You know, every four years or so, we revolutionize the GPU with a brand new architecture. If you remember the G80, what became the GeForce 8800, was probably one of the most successful products in the history of our company and we’ve been doing incremental changes to G80 since then.

And now with FIRMY, it’s another revolutionary architecture and I’m expecting to take the GPU market up another notch.

And relative to the competition, the market has really spoken -- although it’s a fast chip, it’s not that fast and it is basically an RV770 with DX11. And I think that you could incrementally make changes for a number of years but certainly not forever and we are going to really change the marketplace going forward with FIRMY and so that’s our focus and we are trying to get it shipped as soon as possible. The demand is really, really strong for it and we will tell you about all the great graphics features when we launch.

Szerk: A Firmy az a Fermit jelenti. Lehet, hogy a jegyzetelő/operátor nem tudta, hogy kell írni. Lényegtelen. :)

[ Szerkesztve ]

Senki sem dől be a hivatalos szóvivőnek, de mindenki hisz egy meg nem nevezett forrásnak.

Új hozzászólás Aktív témák